Monday, January 23, 2012

Checking out Flocks of Geese

I always check and double check waterfowl especially large flocks of geese because you never know when you are going to find a "diamond in the rough".  While driving by a pond this weekend, I enacted my typical stop and back-up on a fairly quite country road because I saw a flash of white that caught my eye.   I promise, I try to limit my speed changes to times when there are no other cars around me! As a side note, it is always important to be respectful of private property as a birder.  Never access property that the owner hasn't given you permission to access.

At any rate, after finding my binoculars and taking a closer look, I noticed a oddly marked goose hanging out with a flock of Canada geese.  I believe that it is merely an oddly colored domestic goose, but it sure looked strange with its friends.   You never know what you may find in a flock of geese, and rumor has it a brant has been hanging out in Chester County...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts