- Educate yourself about where you spend time outdoors. Natural lands with active recreation often have deer management plans in place that include various hunting schedules. Also, there are state regulated schedules, that vary over the season. Don't be in the right place at the wrong time.
- Wear 'blaze' orange so that you do not surprise hunters, other hikers, horseback riders, or other recreational users of the land. This includes your canine pals. You are wearing orange not because a hunter will mistake you for a deer but making it so that other users of the land (hunters, hikers, horseback riders) are alerted to your presence.
- Most properties where hunting is allowed is done so in an effort to better manage the effect of deer herds on the local region. Over browsing of native flora and automobile accidents are primary reasons for appropriate deer management. Please respect any property closing signs.
- If you notice
irregular activity on a property that you hunt, or hike; contact the
landowner or call for assistance from 911 or the SE PA Game Commission
Game Law/Poaching Violation in PA
· Call 911 to report any incidences, they may direct you to call the PA Game Commission or they will put the call through to the PA Game Commission
· Call the SE Game Commission office: 610-926-3136 to report poaching in progress
· Call the Game Commission Hotline to turn in a poacher: 1-888-742-8001
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Opening day of shotgun season for the southeastern portion of Pennsylvania, including Chester County begins on December 1st, the Monday after Thanksgiving. Whether you are a hunter, hiker, or horseback rider there are some things that you should keep in mind to make your outdoor experiences pleasant for all during this time.
Monday, November 3, 2014
|Geology Field Trip with State Geologist|
|Botany Field Trip with Botanist, Janet Ebert|
|Group shot of the 2014 PA Master Naturalist Trainees|
As you will see below when reading the control methods, we are a little late in the season to control burning bush on your property, but sin...
TLC's preserves are currently undergoing managed deer hunting. This is a fun time for coyotes as there can be left over deer parts scat...
I was recently lamenting to a friend about the lack of Echinacea purpurea (Purple Coneflower) in my garden. I was all set to purchase so...
I realize it's February, and we are perhaps on the brink of getting the snow storm that some of us have been wishing for all year (not I...