Monday, February 24, 2014

Greetings, Sequoia here as a first time blog poster.

Greetings, Sequoia here as a first time blog poster.  It feels like weeks since I've been able to get out on TLC land and walk some trails.  The snow covered preserves have become sheets of ice and each walking step crashes through the white sparkling facade into unknown depths below.  During a few attempts into the wilderness I quickly realized my mistake and back tracked through steps I had just taken. 


For those who I have not met out on the preserves, I was recently hired as an Assistant Land Manager.  My duties include overseeing the management and maintenance of TLC's 4 nature preserves as well as those we hope to include in the CSO (Conservation Stewardship Organization).  Trail work, invasive species removal, erosion control, meadow mowing, tree plantings, fencing building, and other hands-on projects are just a few of the fun things I'll be doing as the season comes about.  Most of this work is completed with the help of passionate interns or volunteers who stick around for the whole season or just a morning project.


If you are interested in becoming an intern visit our Internship Page for more information.  Hope to see you on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts