Sunday, May 6, 2012

The bird at Stateline Woods

I spotted and heard my first oriole of the season at Stateline Woods yesterday evening.  The male Baltimore Oriole perched in a tree right by me and serenaded me with his beautiful song.  Enjoy the beautiful sounds and colors of the orioles this spring.  You can lure them to your yard as they have a very soft spot for fruit and nectar. 

Check back to the blog on Monday to learn about ways to lure the orioles to your yard, the very unique nests that are made by the females, hear their beautiful song and a few photographs to make the identification of the two orioles typically found around us: Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, a little bit easier.  I'll leave you with the stunning photo of the male Baltimore Oriole.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts