Monday, November 25, 2013

Cache In Trash Out



If you have been reading this blog, you know by now that I am not the most technologically savvy person that has ever graced the screen of a blog, so I had quite an eventful day on Saturday as I met some "Geocachers" who came out for a Cache In Trash Out or (CITO) event at New Leaf Eco Center on Saturday.  The temperatures were a little chilly for me, and I got harassed about my layering techniques, but my crew was extremely hard working, and we had a lot more fun than maybe you should while installing a fence.


This group of volunteers helped us to install a fence around our shed and water tower at New Leaf Eco Center, and install our instructional signs for the bioswales, edible gardens, and compost demonstration site.  We had interesting conversations about my lack of technology, the impressive immune systems of turkey vultures, and much more....

TLC sincerely thanks the geocaching community at large for their commitment to giving back to outdoor resources that are an important part of their sport!   Unbeknownst to me, there is a geo cache at New Leaf Eco Center.   Please contact us: stewardship@tlcforscc.org if you are interested in coordinating a Cache In, Trash Out event at one of our nature preserves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts