Sunday, August 19, 2012

This Skipper was also relishing in the glory of my Ironweed. 

I'm not entirely sure what type of skipper this is, and I did not consult my handy dandy butterfly guide. I think my interns were sick of me lamenting throughout the summer about my butterfly guide and what I could tell them if I had it with me.  I always waiver between bringing the field guides out in the field so that they can be used for identification and invaribely get quickly "well used" or leaving them in my house where they stay in pristine condition but do not really help my identification skills.  After writing this it seems as though the answer is clear, but I would wager that I am not the only one who thinks this way!

I know the picture is not super helpful, but ID's are welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts