- Make sure you are aware of the hunting schedule on the lands that you frequent, and find out whether you have permission to access these lands during hunting season.
- Wear blaze orange so that you do not surprise other hikers, horseback riders, hunters or recreational users of the land. The common misconception is that you are wearing orange so a hunter will not mistake you for a deer however, you are wearing orange so that other users of the land (hunters, hikers, horseback riders) are alerted to your presence.
- Hunting seasons are limited in PA, and most of the properties who allow hunting are doing so in an effort to better manage the deer herd on their properties, not because they want to shoot that beautiful buck that you always see. Please respect any property closing signs.
- If you notice irregular activity on a property that you hunt, or hike; contact the landowner or call for assistance from 911 or the SE PA Game Commission office.
Game Law/Poaching Violation in PA
· Call 911 to report any incidences, they may direct you to call the PA Game Commission or they will put the call through to the PA Game Commission
· Call the SE Game Commission office:
610-926-3136 to report poaching in progress
· Call the Game Commission Hotline to turn in a poacher
Monday, November 19, 2012
Deer Hunting in SE PA
Opening day of shotgun season for the southeastern portion of Pennsylvania, including Chester County begins on November 26, the Monday after Thanksgiving season. Whether you are a hunter, hiker, or horseback rider there are some things that you should keep in mind to make your outdoor experiences pleasant for all during this time.
As you will see below when reading the control methods, we are a little late in the season to control burning bush on your property, but sin...
Jack in the pulpit The old adage of "leaves of three let them be, does not quite apply to all plants. Jack-In-the-Pulpit an...
TLC's preserves are currently undergoing managed deer hunting. This is a fun time for coyotes as there can be left over deer parts scat...
I realize it's February, and we are perhaps on the brink of getting the snow storm that some of us have been wishing for all year (not I...