Thursday, August 22, 2013

Star Gazing....

We may not live in Big Sky Country, but there are some beautiful star gazing moments when you enter portions of Chester County.  Technology and a few neat apps have us all "experts" when gazing at the sky, but I still wish I could pick out constellations without the help of the app on my cell phone, I mean what happens if I'm stranded in the middle of an ocean without any electronics, and I need to find my way home...I'm always amazed at the sailors of yore who had quite exceptional navigational skills using the sky and a compass to guide them.  

If you are interested in learning more about the night sky--sans phone apps, come out to Bucktoe Creek Preserve on Saturday, August 24 for our Sky Tour with the Chester County Astronomical Society.  Click HERE for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts